Distant Schools Program
Bringing iROCK To Your School
Are you a school located in a remote area looking for a way of providing quality music education and professional development to your students and staff?
Maybe your school is geographically located outside of our base in Melbourne, but you feel iROCK Music School offers a service you can’t find anywhere else.
Are you looking for new, safe and innovative ways of creating personalised learning experiences for your students where they can self-direct their own learning developing 21st century skills using technology that brings the world into your classroom?
How does what we do address these problems of practice?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we are excited to make available to you the iROCK Music Distant Schools Program. This program offers schools in remote areas, and locations distant from us, the opportunity to engage with our outstanding music education practices and personalised learning experiences for all students. This program empowers students, supporting them with the resources they need to direct their own learning. It will engage their interests and build on key skills required for the 21st century.
We do this by:
- Using Zoom video conferencing software to connect virtually with your students and staff at school during school hours
- Providing the opportunity for all schools to experience our approaches that otherwise would not have had the opportunity to, nationally and internationally
- Providing schools we partner with custom made resources that reflect your student’s personal music interests and song choices
- Providing teachers and students with the resources they need right at their finger tips (written, video and live)
- Supplying resources to assist with explicit differentiation and evidence based curriculum design for music and instrumental teachers
- Providing discounted private lessons for students and teachers after school hours using Zoom video conferencing software (private and group) enabling them to use the flipped learning model to continue music learning outside of class time, relevant to their music work in school (we make students aware of these during the school based lessons)
- Creating opportunities for feedback on learning (Teacher to student / Student to student / Student to teacher)
- Using a structured but flexible approach to lessons that is fun and students love
- Offering ongoing professional development, coaching and mentoring for music teachers
- Creating a safe online community for music departments to become part of
- Creating an opportunity for an annual CD release and online concert for our participating schools to take part in
WHY CUSTOMERS ARE RAVING ABOUT IROCK
"HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I’m a complete newbie, & thought that I’d be able to learn guitar from YouTube. Turns out it’s not that easy! However within 1 lesson I had progressed much further with iROCK. The big thing that you don’t get from online is the clear passion of the coach, it’s infectious & just makes you tune in to the lesson so much more. If you want faster, more meaningful progress, then get in touch with iROCK ASAP."
"We needed something that helped us to unwind from building a business. Meditation is no good because we can’t be quiet (we’re Auctioneers!) but wanted something that refocused our minds. iRock are BRILLIANT at getting our focus! Way better than YouTube tutorials because the engagement level is way higher, & the passion from the iRock team is so obvious, it’s great! Get yourself booked in, we couldn’t recommend it highly enough."
"Jerry is a sweet guitarist and an awesome teacher. His teaching studio is totally rad and his down to earth teaching style has helped me become a better guitarist. If you wanna be able to sweet pick like a mad dog and do rad guitar solos then Jerry at iRock will make you rock!"
"I attended a workshop this summer that was led by Jerry from iRock. He demonstrated brilliant techniques for making music accessible to students at all ability levels. His teaching style is well organized, very professional, a lot of fun, and immediately gratifying. As a music teacher I am incorporating many of the strategies that Jerry taught us into my classes and the results have been great."
"Without doubt, a top quality teacher. I was lucky enough to have Jerry as my music teacher for many years. His theoretical and practical knowledge is absolutely phenomenal, and his teaching methods are exceptional."
WHY iROCK MATTERS
Experienced Teachers & Musicians
You’ll learn from teachers passionate about music making, performing, composing, listening and most importantly, teaching.
Our 1234 iROCK Method personalises your learning experience, incorporating proven teaching strategies that allow you to master lessons more quickly.
Rapidly Improve Technique
Maximise your opportunity for growth and skill development with our effective lesson structures and specific focus on creativity, technique, practise and patience.
Select an option that suits you and enjoy the best rock music lessons in Melbourne for the average price of music lessons anywhere in the City of Casey. Learn one-on-one, in a group or online.
Play the Songs You Love
Learn and play music you choose and become the rock star you’ve been dreaming of at iROCK Music School.
Join A Rock Band
Play and learn to play alongside other musicians in a band with our rock band program and structured 1234 iROCK learning levels.
How Much Does It Cost?
For more information or to register your interest contact us today as places are limited. Out contact details are listed above. After your contact with us we look forward to having a conversation with you about:
- What you want to achieve from the program
- How ready you and your school are for a program such as this (timetable, school support, community support, technology, instruments)
- Suitable times
- How to engage student voice through their song choices
- Possible challenges and ways to work through them
- Cost and commitment
- We require a commitment of 10 lessons paid for in advance using our complete payment system Fons
- Average lesson cost is $35 dollars per 30 minutes ($15 p/lesson discount off our standard Zoom session lessons)