Lesson Fee Structure
- We teach 40 weeks per year and follow the school term calendar
- We teach an average of 10 lessons per term (for clients having single weekly lessons)
- Our best value packages are paid per term
- All payments should be made using our appointment booking app, Fons. Fons uses Stripe which is a PCI compliant payment processor and offers a complete payments platform. Your information is never logged or stored outside of Stripe. Talk to us about other payment options if you need to.
- Lesson fees are non-refundable
- Lesson fees are not transferable to other students
- Lessons for the term are billed in advance for that term, during the holiday period prior
- Payment and confirmation are due no less than 48 hours before the first scheduled appointment to guarantee your spot
- Mid-term enrolments are billed in advance for the remainder of the term
- Payments and payment requests are emailed and paid through Fons. Other payment methods we accept include cash, credit card, PayPal and Osko
- Lessons that fall on a public holiday will be rescheduled
- iROCK does not cancel lessons
- We value your lessons and regular attendance just as you do, which is why we have a 10 lesson per term policy to ensure our students’ success
- 48 hours’ notice is required for all rescheduling
- We will always reschedule where possible (this is not guaranteed due to increasing demand and availability)
- If you are unable to attend or reschedule a lesson due to missing the 48-hour window, we will record and send you a personalized video lesson in lieu of the appointment
- Missed lessons cannot be carried over to the next term
- If your teacher is unable to take you for a lesson, we will reschedule or find an excellent replacement teacher for you
All our teachers carry a working with children’s check and adhere to the highest quality expectations surrounding our student safety. Our students are supervised for the entire lesson in either a one-on-one or group lesson arrangement. Parents are encouraged to attend lessons at any time. For children under the age of 13 years we require at least one parent or guardian to attend the first few lessons and at least one lesson per month thereafter. In some cases, especially with younger children, we might ask parents to be more involved. All students under the age of 18 are required to have their parents attend at least the first lesson.
Supervision of students only occurs during the lesson inside. If the student is a child please ensure you are available to pick them up straight after each lesson, avoiding unnecessary wait time outside.
Parking and Neighbours
We invite you to please park in the street outside the house while keeping the driveway clear and we thank you for your cooperation. In addition to this, we are in a residential area so we ask that you please be considerate to our neighbours as you come and go from your lessons. Our neighbours are all fantastic and very happy with the way we are running iROCK so we want to preserve these relationships.
Access to iROCK Music School is through the gate on the right hand side of the house. Follow the signs to the door and ring the doorbell for entry. Enter if unlocked.
Consistent practise is critical to your success on any instrument. Without regular practise you are unlikely to progress and in most cases students who fail to practise regularly each week will almost certainly give up. To avoid this, we require all students to meet the minimum practise requirements and ask that you fill in the Practise Log each day. We check this and give feedback on it each week.
You are required to bring your folder to every lesson as your folder contains the necessary materials for your lessons. Please keep the necessary components up to date and the folder in a good condition.
Cranbourne Music Partnership
iROCK and Cranbourne Music have partnered to give you VIP access and a fantastic list of instore bonuses. Access to their VIP usually requires a $500 spend in store, but iROCK students don’t need to do this. The VIP program includes:
- Member VIP Card & Key chain card with barcode
- Standard Members get 10% discount on basics (strings, cables, sticks, reeds, books)
- Membership Offers sent monthly
- Priority Invites for events and Priority Access to events
- Priority Access to Sales
- Preview to Annual Sale (Queen Birthday)
- Online Discount codes apply to members
- See email attachments upon full signup
Media and Privacy
From time to time, we take photos, video, or audio recordings of students playing. This is, in part for the student’s own benefit, as it gives a measurable sense of progress to see/hear yourself at different stages of development. All images and recordings will be archived, and you will be able to obtain a copy directly from your teacher upon request. These may also be posted to our relevant social media sites and web page in the future because we believe that good things are worth sharing. If you do not want an image to be used online, please let us know. We will double check your consent before sharing any image.